4 Surprising Things that Wreck Your Mood
- Bright sunlight… squinting at the sun increases feelings of anger and aggression by up to 44%. Your mood and your facial muscles are linked and the way your eyebrows dip, cheek muscles pinch when you squint mimics your expression when angry. As a result, your PO’d face coaxes your brain toward feelings of irritation. Use shades to totally eliminate squinting and in the process dampens your temper.
- Your co-workers or roommates….. Bad moods are contagious. A study shows that after just 3 months, college students paired with down-in-the-dumps roommates started to exhibit their roomies pessimistic attitudes. Spending time with ill-tempered friends or co-workers also torpedoes your mood. (this was found in a Harvard study) When other people discuss your life, job, or surroundings in gloomy ways, your brain can’t resist soaking up that negative feedback. To counteract this effect, commit some random acts of kindness that will brighten your mood, research has shown.
- Other peoples face book pictures….Studies have shown 9% felt angry, frustrated or both after perusing their friend’s photos, checking out shots of your buddies hiking or relaxing on vacation can trigger feelings of envy, misery and loneliness. The remedy….take a look at your own pictures, revisiting your personal adventures soothes your temperament.
- Your empty water bottle….Even slight dehydration can dry out your good humor, according to a nutrition study. Whether you’re working or kicking back on your couch, the more parched you feel, the more your mood plummets (research shown) Your body detects dehydration and communicates your thirst to your brain’s mood regulations, resulting in crankiness. If you’re not sure? if you are under-watered? If your urine isn’t plentiful and pale colored, first thing in the a.m., you’re not drinking enough, says Stacy Sims, P.H.D., a hydration researcher at Stanford University.
Now Last Part………..
Believe it or not smiling can reduce stress even faking a smile, it turns your mood around. That’s just one way to outsmart your mood.
As shared in #FredsCorner on Monday, September 16, 2013. Join Fred every Monday @ 7:50am ET on 1110-AM & streaming live at GospelHighway11.com for Fred’s Corner!!
Latest posts by Fred Blain (see all)
- #FredsCorner How To Keep A Christmas Tree Alive: Tips For Keeping Your Christmas Tree Fresh – December 15, 2014
- #FredsCorner 10 Ways To Fight Your Sweet Tooth…And Win! – December 8, 2014
- #FredsCorner Eat Fried Foods, Lose Weight & Feel Great – December 1, 2014